This Personal Data Notice (“Notice”) describes how Davex (Malaysia) Sdn Bhd (114942-X) laws of Malaysia with its place of business uses your Personal Data.
By engaging Davis Lighting (“Company”) to provide services or by interacting with Davis Lighting either at our events, conferences, seminars, talks or otherwise, or by using the Davis Lighting website http://www.davislighting.com (“Website”), you consent to the processing of your Personal Data by Davis Lighting and all persons involved in the provision of services by Davis Lighting.
In the event of any conflict between the English and other language versions, the English version shall prevail. Davis Lighting shall have the right to modify, update or amend the terms of this Notice at any time by placing the updated Notice on the Website. By continuing to communicate with Davis Lighting or by continuing to use Davis Lighting’s services following the modifications, updates or amendments to this Notice, this shall signify your acceptance of such modifications, updates or amendments.
Collection of Personal Data
1. “Personal Data” means information about you which you have provided to Davis Lighting, such as your name, address, telephone number, NRIC, email address, your personal preferences, particulars of your spouse or family members and bank account information and any information which may identify you, your spouse or family members that has been or may be collected, stored, used and processed by Company from time to time.
2. In addition to the Personal Data you provide to Company directly (i.e. during your communications with Davis Lighting and/or when you engage Davis Lighting to provide services), Davis Lighting may also collect your Personal Data from a variety of sources, including without limitation at any events, conferences, seminars or talks organised or sponsored by Company and/or from the cookies used on the Website.
3. The provision of your Personal Data is voluntary. However, if you do not provide your Personal Data, Davis Lighting may not be able to (i) communicate with you; (ii) provide you the services you require; or (ii) access certain sections of the Website where log in is required.
4. If you do not wish for your Personal Data to be collected via cookies on the Website, you may deactivate cookies which can be viewed at http://www.davislighting.com/steps-deactivate-cookies.
Purposes of Processing
5. Davis Lighting may use and process your Personal Data for the purposes relating to the services you have requested and for the business activities of Davis Lighting which shall include, without limitation:-
a. to communicate with you;
b. to respond to questions and comments from you;
c. for internal administrative purposes;
d. to provide information to regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements, including disclosure to the Unclaimed Money Management Division of the Accountant General’s Department of Malaysia (“AGD”) of your information as required pursuant to the Unclaimed Moneys Act 1965 and its attendant regulations in the event of any unclaimed monies on your part;
e. for Davis Lighting to comply with its obligations under law, including compliance with laws relating to evidence; and you agree and consent to Davis Lighting using and processing your Personal Data in the manner as identified in this Notice.
6. Davis Lighting may also use and process your data for other purposes such as:-
a. Marketing and promotional purposes
b. to respond to questions, comments and feedback from you;
c. to communicate with you for any of the purposes listed in this Notice;
d. to maintain, improving or enhance the delivery of our customer service;
e. for internal administrative purposes, such as auditing, data analysis, database records;
f. for purposes of investigation, detection, prevention and prosecution of security breaches, crime or fraud;
g. for us to comply with its obligations under law and to maintain appropriate records for internal administrative purposes.
Transfer of Personal Data
8. As Davis Lighting's information technology storage facilities and servers may be located in other jurisdictions, your Personal Data may be transferred to, stored, used and processed in a jurisdiction other than Malaysia. You understand and consent to the transfer of your Personal Data out of Malaysia as described herein.
Disclosure to Third Parties
9. Davis Lighting may engage other companies, service providers or individuals to perform functions on Davis Lighting’s behalf, and consequently may provide access or disclose to your Personal Data to the third parties such as those listed below (not exhaustive):
a. information technology (IT) service providers;
b. data entry service providers;
c. storage facility providers;
d. banks and financial institutions;
e. insurance providers;
f. any professional advisors and external auditors;
g. regulatory and governmental authorities in order to comply with statutory and government requirements, including to the AGD for the purposes as described in Section 5 above.
Access & Correction Requests and Inquiries
10. Subject to any exceptions under applicable laws, you may at any time hereafter request : (i) for access to your Personal Data (ii) for correction or rectification of your Personal Data; (iii) to limit the processing of your Personal Data; or (iv) to seek further information from Davis Lighting regarding the processing of your Personal Data by contacting:-
Operations and Admin Manager at Email: [email protected]
11. In respect of your right to access and/or correct your Personal Data, Company has the right to refuse your requests to access and/or make any correction to your Personal Data for the reasons permitted under law, such as where the expense of providing access to you is disproportionate to the risks to your privacy.